Thursday 6 June 2013

My idea so far for the Fluctuation project has been to capture images on a long exposure using LEDs. I wanted to look at capturing the process of movement, the cycle of movement and to hopefully reveal hidden actions within simple tasks. Each image captured was to inspire the following action in some way. I hoped that by investigating the evolution of movement, I would begin to see a clear evolution within the images too which would work in series. I have been doing lots of thinking about my ideas for this fluctuation project and have even ordered mini batter powered LED lights so that i can begin to capture some long exposure images. HOWEVER I do feel that I have chosen this subject because at the time I felt that i would be able to create what my tutors want to see within the subject of fluctuation. I feel as though I am doing what I think I should be doing and not what I want to do. Therefore I have chosen to change to Super Botanic. 

I went to an exhibition at the Whitechapel Art Gallery and it inspired me so much that I knew it was something I had to continue into my studies.

I know i have reduced working time now but I feel that with high levels of concentration I can really produce some work that I am excited about continuing with in second year. Initially I was put off this subject by daydreams of floral patterns but I have since come to realise how i would work within the subject and create something that interests me. I have recently been fascinated by the ideas of other worldly and futuristic fantasies. I want to use magnified images of plants, fine art abstraction processes and sculpture to create images of hybrid organic matter. I want to create the work with a thought for cross breeding, evolution and biomechanics.

No comments:

Post a Comment